Bleh. Mondays, as a rule, are not productive days for me, but I’m particularly out of it today. Fresh off the weekend, technical considerations are profoundly uninteresting to me at the moment.
Given my druthers, I’d meet some friends for metaphysical conversation over coffee after work tonight. Unfortunately, the only coffeehouse in town closed down.
I feel like I’ve backslidden in my quest for a life. I realized the other day that of all the friends I have, only one of them calls me with any regularity. Or meets with me, for that matter. Of course, this might have something to do with the fact that I told everyone how much I hate talking on the phone. In retrospect, that may have been counterproductive.
I need to start being more proactive about my friendships. Things to do/improve on:
- Start keeping a calendar, so I can keep track of appointments.
- Start suggesting concrete dates, instead of saying “we should get together sometime!”. Follow up until it’s final.
- Start emailing, calling, and writing my friends, even if “just for the hell of it”, rather than waiting for them to contact me.
Offer people money to act like they enjoy my company.
- Try to find some interest groups to expand my network.
- Stop being so embarrassed of my house/fix the things which embarass me about my house.