shadowandlight tagged me…
List 5 reasons why you are a dork. And make them good reasons. Justify them. Explain them. Be loud and proud about how big of a dork you are! Then pick the 5 biggest dorks you know and have them do the meme.
Top 5 reasons I’m a dork:
1. When I’m bored, I sometimes dream up modifications to the Matrix movies that would have made them more credible from a computer science perspective.
2. I still think the Atari Lynx was one of the best handheld video game platforms ever made. (I was also a diehard OS/2 user for a long time…)
3. My laptop is named after a space suit in a science-fiction novel.
4. I occassionally reach for the scroll bar while I’m reading a book.
5. And the number one reason I’m a dork: I can recite “Jabberwocky” by heart – and I do, at every opportunity.
I tag iq2hi4uok, tirani, grindcorean, scary_kisses (I know you’re generally not the memeing type, but I’d love to know what you consider yourself a dork about – if anything), and kamakazietom.
I occassionally reach for the scroll bar while I’m reading a book.
aah but have you ever dreamt in IM’s? hehe
1. i can recite pi to the 110th decimal place (i’m not sure if this part makes it more or less dorky, but i learned it, in high school, to impress a girl…and it worked!).
2. i own more social theory and astrophysics related books than fiction books…and actually read them, for fun, a lot.
3. i used to wear a green cape-cum-jacket thing everywhere i went…with matching green eyeliner. people used to call me ‘tree,’ and i think maybe deep down inside i sort of wanted to anthropomorphize to match that description. maybe. 😉
4. i’ve seen the band 311 over 40 times, and have actually gone on tour with them for a few weeks as well.
5. um…i know there’s more! dorkiness is so subjective. let’s see…o, i’m obsessed with freemasons, to a possibly unhealthy degree (like, the whole tin foil hat wearing thing doesn’t sound so far fetched when it comes to those fuckers). i can’t go within 30 feet of a freemason temple without freaking out that they are going to “get me” (whatever that means, i haven’t decided yet ;))…and yet i am fixated on them.
i also get far more turned on by big words than i should, carry on better conversations with my cats than i do with most people, and love pretty much anything written by starhawk.
how’s that? 😉
Pretty damn dorky! Sexy too, some of it 😉 Thanks!
sexy, eh? glad someone thinks so 😉
have a good one, love!
One of my dorkier aspects is a penchant for getting turned on by people’s bookshelves.
Ah, dude, Atari Lynx was the shit! I loved that thing.
I can’t recall how many countless hours I spent playing Blue Lightning… *that* was an awesome game, especially for a handheld video game machine. It was long and difficult enough to keep you occupied for a while, yet not too flashy to make it cheesy.
I can still remember the week after the christmas I first got mine, I only had Ms. Pac-Man for it though. The memory is clear of me laying around in my dimly-lit room (curtains closed, door closed) with the Lynx display being the brightest thing inside, lounging around to the smell and taste of Bean Dip + tortilla chips while I played that thing almost all week after having come down with a flu/102-degree fever.
Comments are closed.