Jotting this down in case I ever need to do it again…
Changes needed to compile libxml-ruby and libxslt-ruby on OpenBSD 3.3
with GCC 2.95:
– Add CFLAGS=LIBXML_SCHEMAS_ENABLED to the ‘make’ command line
– Add #include <stdarg.h> to the top of ruby_xml_document.c
– Rename ‘libxml-ruby’ source dir to ‘libxml’
stop it, you’re turning me on! ;p
so are you using OpenBSD regularly? at home or work? i only ask because i finally tried it (it’s been on my mind for a long long time) and realized it demands a good BSD understanding to even get running, which i don’t currently have :-p later!
*runs in, swipes your icon and flees*
sorry but you have no idea how much i need an icon of a goth chick lecturing a teddy bear 😛
lol! help yourself. so you know, i cropped it from a Nemi comic. a fun comic i’d stumbled over from Norway. requisite link.
My web host (rootroute.net) runs OpenBSD. So my interest in it, currently, extends only as far as getting things to compile under it.
Although in this case I don’t think the platform had anything to do with the changes I had to make. lib[xml/xslt]-ruby are just really shoddy packages.
Holy crap, I think I actually understood all of that. Maybe I haven’t lost as much as I thought.
Comments are closed.