On a more mundane and random level…
- My mouth hurts.
- My face is massive. The puny-faced ranks of ordinary humanity quail before it.
- Despite lacking the immediacy of Halo, Star Wars Battlefront 2 has my provisional approval for a) having a reasonably powerful sniper rifle and b) large enough environments to make it a practical weapon.
- Decent television programming was co-opted last night by some cruise-ship disaster epic. Apparently this is what passes for entertainment anymore. Don’t people have enough uncertainty, pain, and fear in their actual lives?
- On the other hand, FarScape is now being shown on network television, as I discovered when the abovementioned fiasco sent me scurrying for more uplifting programming. So I’ve officially seen my first FarScape episode. Not bad. Cheesy, but in a fun, intentional sure-we-only-have-ten-square-feet-of-set-but-so-what? sort of way.
- Yes, this is all just a cry for help. Feel free to talk to me.
- This software has an error-handling category called simply “glitch”. I think that’s brilliant. The next software design I create will have a single error category called OhNoItBroke which will elegantly account for all possible failure modes.
- Tomorrow my dad leaves for India. Lucky bastard.
- Not all who launder are wost.