- Hours spent nursemaiding apt-get dist-upgrade, fixing errors every 15 minutes: check.
- Broken networking on reboot: check.
- Broken X11, fixed by uninstalling xserver-xorg-driver-ati and replacing it with xserver-xorg-video-ati (I know, duh, right?): check.
- Broken touchpad scrolling: check.
- Half of my media buttons handled by something other than lineakd, the others left as they were: check.
- Shitty fonts in emacs: check.
- Fucked up sub-pixel font smoothing in Firefox: check.
That’s right folks, this post brought to you by Ubuntu Edgy Eft, aka the “stock Debian had too smooth a user experience” release.
I think I can honestly say that this has been the worst upgrade experience of my life. And that includes OS/2.