After years of international travel, my sleep cocoon is finally complete!
From top to bottom:
- Eagle Creek sleep mask: to keep out pesky cabin lights.
- Bose QC-20 noise-canceling headset: a splurge, and a replacement for my Parrot Zik. The Zik is a great general-purpose headset. But these pack up much smaller, won’t get shoved out of place by my travel pillow, have twice the battery life, and have even better noise suppression.
- Breathe Healthy dust mask. I bought this after an article clued me in to a benefit of filter masks that had never occurred to me before: they humidify the air in notoriously dry airplane cabins, which is (supposedly) one of the causes of jet lag.
- Cabeau Evolution Pillow: The only travel pillow I found that gives adequate support in any position, even if you’re stuck upright in a middle seat. It fastens in front, and it’s essentially a compressible memory foam neck brace.
- Eagle Creek Cat Nap Blanket (not pictured): never trust an airline to provide an adequate blanket. This one has a super-power: foot pockets, to keep it from sliding off your feet while wearing it sitting down. And it packs up into its own pocket.