+ My last day here is in 2.5 days.
– I feel like kind of a mess. I haven’t been working out, meditating, or going through my inboxes regularly. I don’t feel in control and on top of things.
+ In lieu of being organized and taking care of myself, I’ve been doing things like watching a lot movies, playing with my new XBox (thanks again
!), playing Apples to Apples with the family (thanks
!), and reading The Golden Compass to the kids at night. These things are fun, and it’s fun to have fun!
– My right arm/wrist aches. I wonder if this is what RSI feels like?
+ We watched Mrs. Henderson Presents last night. It was entirely delightful.
– I don’t want to go to my weekly meditation group tonight, and I’m not sure why. This isn’t the first time I’ve felt this way. Is it knee-jerk resistance to something that I know is good for me, like a child avoiding spinach? Or is it the vaguely negative vibes I sometimes feel about it? I’m not sure. How do I tell?
+ I’m accomplishing a surprising number of my goals for the year. I never wrote the list down, but it went something like: new hair, new car, new job. The only thing that’s missing is beginning to learn the piano, but I still have some time left.
– I’m still not involved in the local music scene in any way. This is lame.
+ My new laptop bag is on it’s way. A silly thing to get excited about, perhaps, but I have the geek’s trait of fetishizing well-made gear.
– I didn’t schedule any break at all between quitting Raytheon and starting the new job. I’m an idiot.
+ Yay for good sex!